Connect with us

Entertainment

Rapper and Actor Kaalan Walker sentenced to 50 years in jail for rape

Published

on

A rapper-actor who appeared in the 2018 film “SuperFly” was sentenced on Monday to 50 years to life in state prison for sex-related charges stemming from attacks on three teens and four young women in 2013.

 

 

 

 

According to Deputy District Attorney Cynthia Wallace, who told City News Service that the defendant is “truly a predator,” Superior Court Judge Joseph Brandolino also ordered Kaalan Walker, 27, to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

 

 

 

 

 

Walker was found guilty on three counts of forcible rape, two counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor and rape of an intoxicated victim, and one count of assault with intent to commit oral copulation between 2013 and 2018.

 

 

 

 

 

Jurors found him not guilty of two counts of forcible rape and one count of forcible digital penetration involving three additional alleged victims.

 

 

 

 

Deputy District Attorney Yasmin Fardghassemi told the jury in her opening statement in March that the case involved women who didn’t know each other, and that “All of these women are united by the defendant, Kaalan Walker.”

 

 

 

 

“The prosecutor told jurors, “You’re going to see a dark side of him…” Walker primarily used Instagram and Twitter to lure his alleged victims to locations he chose by booking them for fake photo or music video shoots or with the false promise of introducing them to someone famous.

 

 

 

 

 

“When they said ‘Stop,’ he didn’t care,” Fardghassemi said.

 

 

 

Walker’s attorney, Andrew Flier, countered that his client — whom he said had been “portrayed as a monster” — was innocent of the charges.

 

 

 

 

“They’re going to lie to you because they know that they fell for his B.S.,” the defense lawyer told jurors, saying the alleged victims were out for “revenge.”

 

 

 

 

 

“The pattern of Mr. Walker is to make false promises, and they bought it… Each one of these women voluntarily made their own decisions,” Flier said. “He didn’t force them… It’s pay-back to Mr. Walker and we’re not going to let that happen.”

 

 

 

 

He claims his client has been through “a living nightmare” and had a successful career that has since been ruined.

Walker was arrested in September 2018 after appearing in the 2017 Halle Berry-Daniel Craig film “Kings.” He was later released on bond, but was arrested again after the jury’s verdict was read.

 

 

 

READ ALSO:Nigerian man nabbed in Cambodia for defrauding a woman of 5k dollars on facebook

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

David Williams takes a bow from Britain’s Got Talent after 10 years

Published

on

David Williams, the comedian and actor, is leaving Britain’s Got Talent after ten years as a judge on the ITV show.

 

 

 

 

David, 51, resigned as a judge on the show after being forced to apologise for foul-mouthed remarks about contestants.

 

 

 

 

 

After a decade on the judging panel, David Walliams is being replaced. In the coming weeks, Walliams plans to formally confirm his decision to step down.

 

 

 

 

A source disclosed to The Sun;

 

 

 

“David has decided to bow out after a ten-year run. He wants to leave on a high after a wonderful time.

 

“Being on the show has been a huge source of entertainment and joy for him and he is arguably the most popular member of the panel.

 

“He hasn’t taken the decision lightly, but it feels like time to move on and focus on his other projects.

 

“His team have quietly been having conversations over the past few days where it has been made clear that David is readying himself to step down – and then producers will start to think about who might replace him.

 

“His exit might not be popular with fans who adore him.

 

“But for David it appears that now, after an amazing ten years on the show, it is the right time to move on.”

 

 

For the 16th series, head judge Simon Cowell, 63, and panellists Amanda Holden, 51, and Alesha Dixon, 44, are expected to return.

 

 

 

 

 

READ ALSO:Ukraine -Russia Conflict: UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak visits Zelensky, pledges 50 million pounds

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kizz Daniel to perform at Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup

Published

on

Kizz Daniel, a Nigerian singer, has been confirmed as one of the headline performers at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

FIFA, the World Cup organizers, confirmed the news on Friday when they announced the five official performing artists for the event.

 

 

 

 

Kizz Daniel is the only African artist on FIFA’s list of headliners for the FIFA Fan Festival during the World Cup, performing alongside five international award-winning singers.

 

 

 

Diplo, an American DJ and Music Producer, will perform on November 22, while Kizz Daniel will perform on November 23.

 

 

 

Nora Fatehi, a Canadian crooner, will perform on November 29; Trinidad Cardona, an American singer, will perform on December 1; and Calvin Harris, from Scotland, will perform on December 10.

On Friday, FIFA announced the lineup on its official Instagram page.

 

 

 

 

The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be held in Qatar from November 20 to December 18, 2022.

This is a dream come true for the singer, who tweeted about his desire to perform at the World Cup in June.

Kizz Daniel has established himself in the industry as a creator of viral hits.

 

 

 

 

His single “Buga,” on which he collaborated with Tecno, received worldwide attention as world leaders and celebrities participated in the viral Buga Challenge.

Kizz Daniel released another hit single, “Odo” (Cough), in October, which is currently trending on the Internet.

 

 

 

 

 

READ ALSO:Scores dead and many injured, following a football match stampede in Indonesia.

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

“No endorsement nothing nothing boom G-wagon” Fans react as Christy O of BBNaija claims to acquire a G-wagon worth 100 million

Published

on

Christiana Ojumu, popularly known as Christy O, a former Big Brother Naija housemate, shared a video of herself driving a white Mercedes Benz G-wagon worth over 100 million naira. She sparked outrage online when she claimed to have just purchased the car.

 

 

 

 

After sharing a video of herself chilling in the new white Mercedes Benz G-wagon, the former Big Brother Naija 7 housemate set tongues wagging online.

 

 

 

 

However, this seemingly good news has prompted some to question whether purchasing such an expensive car at this time should be a priority for a young celebrity like herself. Others have slammed the story as nothing more than fake news designed to draw attention to her because she did poorly during her brief stint on the BBNaija show.

 

 

 

 

Many BBNaija fans have reacted to the reality TV star’s video, claiming that it is nothing more than a publicity stunt, and that if she did acquire the luxury SUV, her priorities are skewed.

 

 

 

 

 

Some fans congratulated her in the comments section, while others suggested that Christy O was chasing clout with the vehicle because she couldn’t possibly afford it.

 

 

 

 

READ ALSO:Lady who jumped into Lagoon after argument with boyfriend identified

Continue Reading